As part of the P7 Transition programme this year, a number of subject areas are delivering a Remote Lesson to the Primary 7 pupils.
Last Wednesday 24 March 2021, it was the turn for Business Education. As a follow-up to that lesson pupils were asked to come up with an idea for a new Fruit Juice Drink, design the packaging and present this alongside information about the ingredients, target market and slogan.
We received some fantastic designs for our mini-competition, which was judged by Leila Maycock, Eilidh Robertson and Mr Dempster. Leila and Eilidh have been coordinating this series of lessons with teachers across the schools, and communicating with the Primary 7 pupils via Google Classroom.
All the entries received can be viewed in the files below, we were really impressed with the high standard of work and creative ideas. There are certainly a number of entrepreneurs about to join us at Knox Academy in August 2021.
- Entries from Haddington Primary School - Primary 7A - Mr Goodbourn (39MB)
- Entries from Haddington Primary School - Primary 7D - Mrs Guy (5MB)
- Entries from Letham Primary School - included in Our Top Designs (below)
Our Top Designs:
- Meadow McCabe and Ava Smith - "A Tropical Delight" & "Fruity Punch"
- Amelia P7D - Tropical Fresh - "The Fresh Taste of Summer"
- Beth P7D - Fruity Fresh - "Happiness in a Bottle"
- Iris P7A - Fruity Fizz - "Be Happy Like The Fruits"
- Jessie P7A - reJuice - "reJuice, Reuse and Recycle"
- Josie P7D - POParino - "Stay Healthy Stay Fresh and Take a Sip of POParino"
- Zoe P7D - Star Shake - "Reach for the Star Shake!"
The Fredward Award:
- Marina P7D - Red Frog Juice - "Taste the Red - Feel the Froggy Fizz!"
- James P7D - Tango Mango - "Fruity Fresh"
- Robyn P7D - Nice Sunshine - "Stay Positive and Take an Ice Cold Sip"