KNOX LGBT+ SUPPORT - WHAT IS OUT THERE?
1. Teachers around the school - you can speak to any teachers in the school for support but your guidance teacher is a great starting point.
2. Family members or carers - siblings are always a good starting point but anyone who you are close to can be a great support.
3. Friends - You spend a huge amount of time with your friends and a good friend will listen and support.
4. The LGBT+ ALLIES group - we meet every second Wednesday in Miss Stobie's class M.9 and the group can be a great support network.
5. LGBT Youth Scotland - there are loads of resources including some great coming out guides to help you think through how you might come out to friends and family members.
6. MYPAS East Lothian - this is a great free service with an online LGBT+ Youth Group and opportunities for 1 to 1 support.
If you are struggling or worried, don't suffer in silence, speak to someone. Elton John has some great advice in this clip.
LGBT+ ALLIES GROUP