There has been a confirmed case of COVID-19 within Knox Academy. A detailed risk assessment has been carried out by the school and Health Protection to identify any close contacts.
The school remains open and if your young person has not been contacted then they should continue to attend school if they remain well.
What to do if your young person develops symptoms of COVID-19
Full details and further advice are contained in the letter issued today (15 September 2020) from NHS Lothian from Dr Richard Othieno, consultant in Public Health Medicine.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19.
- regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues straight in the bin and wash your hands.